How To Install Decals
Before installing any wall decal, be sure to do the following:
When you take the decal out and unroll it, keep it flattened for 2 days. Make sure there is no dust or water on the wall and that the wall is a smooth surface.
- Ensure the area is clear of any dirt and dust
- Ensure the surface you are applying the decal to is appropriate. Appropriate surfaces include:
- Clean smooth walls
- Smooth wallpaper
- Lay the decal on a flat solid surface face up.
- If this is a DIY decal, cut out the individual graphics and arrange them on the surface until you are happy with the design.
- Carefully and slowly peel the transfer film off.
- Cover the decal(s) with transfer film.
- Press firmly over the entire sheet with a hard tool like a plastic card or squeegee to make sure that the decal transfers properly to the transfer film.
- Gently roll off the white backing paper from the transfer film. Make sure all decals have stayed on the transfer film. If parts of the decal are sticking to the white backing paper, stop peeling, roll back a bit, and repress the decal onto the transfer film.
- Put the transfer film with the graphics onto the surface you intend to stick the decal making sure to press only the parts of the film that contain the decal to avoid damaging the surface.
- Gently peel off the transfer film, while pressing the decal to make it stick. Throw away the transfer film as it can not be reused.
- If this is a DIY decal, repeat steps 4-8 for the remaining decals starting with the larger decals first and then the smaller decals.